About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Laundry softener volcano

I'll start from the end and work my way to the beginning.


This is my new laundry softener next to my homemade laundry detergent.
 
Usually I just use vinegar and find that it works great for softening and leaves no scent whatsoever. However, I was enticed by a pin I found a recipe for scented homemade laundry softener.  I couldn't pass it up. 



1cup hot water
1/2 cup scented laundry crystals
1cup baking soda
3 cups vinegar

(The baking soda and vinegar some of the huge warning., but I thought I would go for it anyhow)

Mix and laundry crystals and set aside.
In a large bowl dump 1 cup baking soda. SLOWLY add vinegar. Stir till dissolved. Add dissolved scented crystals. Use a funnel to pour into jug.



I would love to have more pictures of this process but when I mixed the vinegar and baking soda I was overzealous and had a gigantic mess all over my counter.

I've read that once the two components are mixed together the value of them it's kind of canceled out so I think if I was to make this again I would just dissolve the laundry crystals in the vinegar and just leave it at that.

I'll give an update after my next load of laundry and let you know what I think.

Do you have a favorite homemade recipe for any home products?

No comments:

Post a Comment