About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Thursday, June 20, 2013

"Healthier" mac & cheese

I'm always looking for a way to sneak extra in veggies into my daughters meals.  She is currently on a Mac and cheese craze and would eat it morning noon and night if she had her way.

I do admit to using boxed Mac and Cheese on a semi regular basis, but when in have the time I like to make it from "scratch".

Ingredients:
-1 cup macaroni noodles (wheat if you want to go super healthy)
-4oz of 2% Velveeta cheese (cubed for easy melting)
-Puréed baby food (I like the stage 2)


Cook macaroni noodles. Drain noodles and return noodles to pan.
Add Velveeta and baby food.
Turn burner on LOW.
Stir until cheese is melted.
Remove from heat.


Serve and enjoy watch the kids eat extra  veggies!


What tricks do you to add extra veggies to your kids favorite meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment