About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

"Swimming" my way to a healthier diet.

No, not swimming for exercise, eating fish.

Fish is good for ones diet, thats a know fact. However, I struggle to find a fish that I like (fish sticks doesn't really count in my book as a healthy option for adults) and also something easy to prepare that won't leave my house stinking of fish.

Today I found an answer. As I was browsing the freshly frozen section of my local HyVee I fond crusted tilapia. It looked good, was priced $5 for two fairly large filets, and only required baking at 400 for 15 min. That's my kind of cooking!

While the fish baked I made some homemade version of "Gluten Free Rice-a-Roni" and microwaved some frozen veggies and here it is:

I have been on the search for a way to incorporate more fish into my diet ever since readying "The Wrinkle Cure" by Dr. Perricone. I have tried omega-3 and fish oil supplements on a semi-regular basis but the positives of eating it straight from the fish benefit a person much more.

Has anyone else read any of Dr. Perricones books? I would love to start a dialogue about it.
Much more on what I've learned from Dr. Perricone soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment