About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Truffle fries (quick and easy but just as delicious version)

We went into Chicago for a "grown ups" day without the kiddo the other night and went to an amazing hot dog place. (Shout out to Franks and Dawgs!)  We ordered a side of truffle fries, after all, we were there to live it up for the day, right!?
Triple Truffle Fries from Franks and Dawgs in Chicago
All I can say is YYYYUUUUUMMMMM!

They were so good that here we are less than a week later and we (hubby and I) are trying our hand at making there here at home.

Hand making fries wasn't going to happen; the time, the hot oil, no thanks! Plus, the added health of having baked fries is always a bonus.


Ingredients:
Frozen Waffle Fries
2 tsp Truffle Oil
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 Green Onion
3 cloves Garlic
1 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese



Directions:
Bake fries according to directions (make sure they are nice and crispy).
While fries are baking dice tops of green onion and 3 cloves of garlic into very small pieces.
Remove fries from oven and carefully transfer metal bowl.
Drizzle 2 tsp of Truffle oil over the fries, add salt, onion, garlic, and parmesan cheese.
Gently toss till coated evenly.
Plate and sprinkle with extra onion and parmesan for garnish.



*The dip you see pictured with the fries was make by my husband he used mayo, Franks Redhot sauce,  horseradish, ketchup. It was yummy.

Eat quickly because they go fast!


Do uou have a favorite restaurant recipe that you re-created at home?

No comments:

Post a Comment