About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Homemade Watercolor Paint

Homemade watercolor paints!

Finding this was amazing because my daughter LOVES to paint. I prefer watercolors because they clean up so much easier than other paints. 

So here is my adventure….

Mix 4 Tbsp Baking Soda and 2 Tbsp Vinegar in a bowl (this is a fun for the kiddos to see the reaction)



Add 1 tsp of corn syrup and 4 Tbsp of corn starch.



I found this sweet little 8 compartment container at Michaels for only $1.99.


Pour the mixture into each compartment. You can also use a mini muffin tin, little plastic containers, or anything else you thing will work.


Add a few drops of food coloring into each compartment to make the desired color. I would recommend NO MORE than 3 drops. 
(If you put too much in or you feel that the mixture is too 'liquidy" you will have to add more cornstarch to make up for the extra liquid. I learned the hard way.)

Use a tooth pick to mix the cornstarch mixture and food coloring together.


After lots of drips and mixing and a bit of a mess you end up with this. 

Now comes the hard part. You have to wait 48 hours……WAIT….. WAIT….. WAIT……
I am not patient and my daughter was dying to use the paints. At one point I was not sure it would work. But low and behold, IT WORKED!!!!!


Now you can make beautiful watercolor painting for only pennies!


No comments:

Post a Comment