About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Cinnamon tortilla chips (a little bit healthier and gluten free)

I am just like any other person, I love a good sweet sugary snack. Today I was craving some cinnamon tortilla chips. Thought I would take a moment to share with you how I make them just a bit healthier. 

Cinnamon sugar tortilla chips. 

You will need:
8 corn tortillas
Cooking spray
1/3 cup sugar
1tsp ground cinnamon
Also a knife, cutting board, and cookie sheet.

Before starting preheat your oven to 350 degrees.


Take a pile of corn tortillas and slice them. I prefer to cut them into 8ths. I find that to be the perfect size for me. 


Mix cinnamon and sugar together.


Spray one side of the tortilla with PAM. Coat it well but don't drench it. 
(this is where my recipe strays from many of the others. Most call for dipping the tortilla triangles in butter. Yes, that may be yummy but adds much more fat and calories.)


Sprinkle the cinnimon sugar generously on the sprayed tortilla. 
(Side note, I used to do both sides if the tortilla but I now only do one side. It still tastes just as good but it saves you on calories and sugar intake.)


I prefer to maximize my work area and I spead them out, spray them all at once, them drench in sugar. 


Place them on a cookie sheet (I line it with parchment paper to make cleanup easier).


Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them the last few minutes. Undercook them and they'll be chewy, over cook them and they will burn. 


When you pull then out they won't feel super crispy. Let them cool about 5 minutes and then you should have nice, crispy, warm cinnamon chips ready to eat. 


I've heard if people making a cream cheese dip or making dessert nachos by topping with strawberries and chocolate. However you chose to eat them, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment