About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Fastest way to cut a cantaloupe

It is fresh fruit season and there are all sorts of delicous options out there! 

My daughter is on a cantaloupe kick. I can't deny healthy fruit but cutting cutting up cantaloupe is time consuming. 

I used to cut the melon into wedges, score each wedge, then cut each little section out. Long and messy!

Here is my new quick, easy, and less messy melon cutting method. Works for cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon and more.

First cut the cantaloupe in half and scoop out the seeds.

Then flip it back over and cut off the edges of the rind cutting deep enough to cut off the rind and green but the least amount of fruit. (I keep a bag right next to me and toss the rind in to make clean up fast and easy.) 

Next cut if the top/remaining rind then trim any remaining green areas.

Last cut the melon into slices  (I like one inch slices) and them slicd across the opposite way. 

Then you are left with perfect size cubes. So dive in and start eatting!

No comments:

Post a Comment