About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Lasagna roll ups (another Pintrest recipe attempt)

I saw this adorable pin for Lasagna Roll Ups and it looked so cute I just had to try it.
























Find the original blog post and recipe here.
http://www.rachelcooks.com/2014/01/27/pepperoni-pizza-lasagna-rolls/

As with many blogs the pictures and descriptions make it look so easy…. As you can tell by my photographs. I am neither a professional photographer nor a professional cook.

Here is how my version of lasagna roll ups went….

I cooked the noodles and then ran them under cold water to make them a touchable temperature.  I laid them out on the cutting board and filled the center with the ricotta cheese mixture.


Add some cute little turkey pepperonis down the center. Carefully attempt to roll them up as the filling squishes out the sides….


Place them in the pan with the sauce and seasoning mixture already on the bottom.


Top with more spaghetti sauce.


Cover generously with shredded cheese and bake..


I forgot to take a picture of the finished product, but I can tell you they did taste good. A little hint of pepperoni flavor in there. A big hit with the family. However, rolling them up was a bit of a mess so I think I'll stick with traditional layered lasagna. 

No comments:

Post a Comment