About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Removing acrylic paint from clothes

My daughter want to a cut little event that had kids paint flower pots.


 Great craft, except they didn't use washable paints, they had acrylic craft paint and she, of course, got it on her clothes. 

Several hours later when we got home I attempted to remove it. No luck.

But I didn't want to give up. This was a really cute outfit and I wanted to save to.

I searched the web for "paint removal from clothes". The best suggestion seemed to be using rubbing alcohol.


 First saturate (and I mean saturate) the area with rubbing alcohol.  


Next hold the material taught and use a knife to firmly rub away the paint. (Apparently what is happening is the rubbing alcohol breaks downs the bonds in the paint and allows you to scrap it away.)


It was kind of a repeate process but it worked! 

I used a sharp knife I the skirt because it was a spandex knit but the shirt was cotton and started to give under the sharp knife so I used the dull side of a butter knife and it worked just as well. 


Outfit saved! 

I put it in the washing machine right away, because I didn't know what would happen if it sat in rubbing alcohol for an extended time, and it came out better than I could've hoped!

No comments:

Post a Comment