About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, but I am also so much more. I'm a wife, I work, cook, shop, craft, try to stay healthy, keep up on the latest technology, and style trends, and much more! Come join me in my adventure of making a new blog that allows us to share the everyday things (ups and downs) that turns living an everyday life into living a lively life!

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Meatless Monday: Greek chickpea salad

We have decided ( read  that as "I have forced"😀) my family to join the meatless Monday  movement. 

Here is our first main course. A Greek chickpea salad. Inspired by a pin test recipie but I have thrown own little twist in and made it my own.


I started with the core ingredients:
cucumber diced 
red onion diced 
red pepper diced
1 can of chickpeas
A good sprinkle of oregano


Next add 1/4 cup white wine vinegar and 2 tbsp olive oil and toss well.


At this point I taste tested and decided it just needed a bit more. I added a good squeeze of Romaneo Basil Vinegarette dressing and also diced a large tomato from my garden.


Perfect! And even better after it sat overnight in the flavors really had a chance to meld together.

No comments:

Post a Comment